Thursday, March 14, 2013

Heading to the Boat

Tomorrow we head to the Eastern Shore area of Alabama to visit our son Ben and daughter - in - law Amanda in Daphne. We will go to the Fairhope Art Festival on Saturday which is a street festival in Fairhope, AL. The weather looks to be gorgeous for the weekend.

Fairhope is on the Eastern shore of Mobile Bay. There is a marina there that we will probably visit when we come through on the Loop cruise in November. We will check out the marina on Saturday. Actually there may be two marinas in the location I am thinking of on Fly Creek. The marina areas are just across the creek from the Fairhope Yacht Club.

I hope that the azaleas are still in bloom this weekend. They have the large leaf azaleas there that grow to be huge. The large pink and purple blooms are beautiful. Both Daphne and Fairhope have quaint older areas that have tons of these azaleas along with large water oaks that over hang the streets.

On Sunday Susan and I split up and I am driving over to Jacksonville to the boat. I am taking supplies to store aboard and I will bring some things that we don't need for the trip, back to Alabama. I will also paint the bottom of the inflatable dinghy and work with Rodger on main engine and generator oil changes, filters, zincs, and impellers.

We should get good pictures to post over the weekend and next week on the boat.

Today I renewed my BoatUS membership and signed up for the tow package. With BoatUS and Sea Tow, I have my belts and suspenders on towing!

I got my passport photo made today. Susan gets hers next week.

So, until tomorrow! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment